Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My baby boy is 29 years old...


My oldest son, Jason Scott is 29 years old today... He was born 29 years ago tonight at 11:30pm. All 6lbs 15 oz's of him and 21 inches long! He was as beautiful as ever imagined. The next day the nurses were unwrapping that tight swaddling around him to show me he had all his fingers and toes. I was STUNNED to say the least and Jason didn't like it when they unwrapped his little skinny body to leave him flailing in the breeze either! I just wanted them to wrap him back up and keep him warm. I remember being in some pretty strong labor the day he was born but it was induced labor. He was 2 weeks late and really didn't want to come out. The heart rate began to drop so the doctor had to get him out fast! They decided on a C-Section... Dr. Sauter brought in the pediatrician Dr. Wolcott to meet me, in the middle of this horendous pain! I remember spinning my head around like something out of a horror film and spewing "Fine time to meet me now!! I just want to go home and keep the fire going with my Dad!" I wanted it to be over! In the end, I had this beautiful baby boy that has given me 29 amazingly, loving, challenging, fullfilling years! I'm proud of you Jason. I don't tell you a lot for fear that it will go to your head but I hope that it goes to your heart! God Bless you and guide you always baby boy, I love you!






No comments: