Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27, 2009





This is Doug & Connor several years ago but I love these pictures I found! I'll have to add the picture of what they were looking at toward the end. This is the first time Connor got to fish for Sunnies (great little fish to catch for little guys ~ not to eat but catch & release) in Pennsylvania at a campground near my Dad's house. We had such a fun time that summer when we visited for a Queen Family Reunion!



Well, now to begin for today. Ummm! TONIGHT ;) looks like I'm an evening blogger doesn't it? It is a little warmer tonight... 2 degrees ABOVE zero! LOL! If I didn't laugh I'd cry. Speaking of that today Tim got his PC back from the guy in Lincoln that fix's your mistakes ;) Well, he has been going nuts all day trying to connect to the internet and couldn't. He called me at work left a message. I sent a text telling him too many calls in Q so I couldn't call him back. Then after work (which I didn't leave until 5:30 p.m.) I had to drive to Lisbon, NH to watch my son play basketball (of which he didn't remember his uniform or mouthguard so he didn't get to play.. that's another story). When I got home sometime around 7:30 p.m. I had to help Tim. Well, I couldn't figure it out so I called my wonderful roadrunner tech support guy & spoke with Zach (Awesome young man) and had him just ROFL when I was talking to him! He was of course from another country I think but very pleasant. We discussed the sorts of people and issues we handle in our day to day telephone jobs. I told him I had two children that were competing for my attention right now... 1 is 10 years old & the other is 50 years old! I would have loved to been on "video" phone to see him fall out of his chair! I apologized for coughing and sounding terrible, in the nicest voice he says, "umm, yes that is a bad cough. I hope you are feeling better today." I said well, this has been going on since Thanksgiving (thinking he may not know what that is I quickly said end of November) to which he replied "Are you allergic to anything, that happen to my girlfriend" I said well, yes I am but today I'm just allergic to LIFE! ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING HE WENT AGAIN! I'm thinking " I could really like this guy" ! Oh My Gosh! I was happy I could make someone laugh today and told him so. He was very thankful! I think I didn't trail to much from my original train of thought but that was funny and I had to share :)



I also had my quarterly performance dialog today and that went well. I even made the boss laugh because I took in my signed copy after our discussion and said thanks for letting me think I'll be around for another 3 months or so! I think our discussion was a little loud today but we really hit on some passionate topics about the different things I do, my team does and his interpretation too. I think it was good, I'm staying at least another day or two so it must have been ok!



Not much else took place, oh! I forgot to tell you! Lastnight I was on my way home. Now I got stopped in the fall for speeding and paid a lovely fine... since that time I got a new truck (new to me) and it has cruise control. I had it set lastnight and I'm coming down this hill in Campton and can see the tail lights in the median. Well, I'm thinking awww! good I'm glad I have cruise tonight, well... then his break lights came on and he moved up a little. I have a car in front of me so I'm thinking it's not me thank goodness and I continue by. If he didn't pull right out behind me whip on his blue's ~ I'm telling you! I looked in my mirror and sure enough it was me he wanted. I pulled over wondering WTH??? Good evening maam, Liscense & Reg please. You do know why I pulled you over right? Well, no sir my cruise was set so I know I wasn't speeding... You have a headlight out!! Lights & nails I always have a light out or a leaking tire! My back tire is leaking so I thought the lights would be OK! I hope this isn't the beginning of something...



Well, I'm being called again by that snuggly bed so I've got to go now. I'll put that picture on also of the cute little froggy Doug was showing Connor too!



3 comments:

Melanie said...

YEAH!!! Welcome to Blogging! I'm sooo excited that you decided to join us in this 'addictive' world! :)

I really like what you've done so far... I can hear your voice as you tell us about your day! LOL You have me shaking my head thinking, yup, this really is all in a day of Shelly's world! :)

JUST LOVE IT!
LOVE YOU!
Mel.

michelle5959 said...

Thanks Mel! I'm skipping the update tonight for my fav show... LOST (someone else's life that's more "lost" than my own)! LOL
Love ya

Anne said...

Given your karma... might you start checking your vehicle over regularly! {LOL}

These are spectacular photos, Shel! Love the bullfrog.

L&H,
-A. :)