Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31, 2009

Good Morning... I've been up and out to Basketball with Connor for his Team Picture and back this morning. Need another cup of coffee SOON! It's very cold in my house because I ran out of oil on Thursday and the oil guy forgot (well had a bad day on 1/30) so he didn't bring me any oil and it's 9:30 now and no oil yet. I was stubborn and wouldn't go to Walmart to buy a 5 gallon gas can on Thursday but when he didn't show lastnight I called a friend and her hubby came with 2 cans for us to get diesel at the local store. Well, it was too late, my heating system is now froze in the basement for the 1st floor of my house and so there is no heat downstairs only upstairs and we do now have hot water, hopefully the oil guy will show up so I don't have to spend another $30 that the plumber will have to have for bringing his propane heater up here to try thawing out the pipes in my basement! I guess you pay for your own stupidity one way or another. Trying to make ends meet is really tough and I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. Well, honestly I've been doing this most of my adult life so I'm sure it will continue but one would hope that someday I would get a little smarter and better at my timing. This one could end up costing me more than I'm even capable of recovering! We'll just keep plugging along though.

Yesterday Connor went to his second snowboard lesson with his school. The first time was a really bad experience for him and he didn't want to go ever again. The next Friday temps were subzero, double-digits so the program was canceled and he was pleased. Last week he fought me about going and with Doug just coming home from the hospital I decided to just keep him home. Then came yesterday... Connor again didn't want to go. It appears he's been told that he is the only reason they haven't been going on a chairlift because he doesn't know how to snowboard (??? they're all in a beginner group? None of them have been on a board before so I told Connor it's not a big deal) I called the school and spoke with Mr. Weaver and he got Connor to agree to trying it again. My mom picked him up after school and he had a GREAT time! Got to go on the chairlift too. He did fall though and ended up hurting his neck but it seems to be muscular so it will heal and there is only one more lesson to go! Then he wanted to know if Spencer or Travis might take him boarding! Yeah for progress and patience...

Well, I'm getting chilly and think I'll take a HOT shower and write more later. Have a wonderful day everyone!

WE HAVE HEAT! WE HAVE FUEL! AND YOU KNOW WHAT??? WE HAVE FRIENDS THAT WHEN I CALLED THEY WERE THERE TO HELP!! THANK YOU DEBBIE & STEVE, ROBERT & JACKIE, SPENCER & SMITTY! THIS CRISIS TOO SHALL PASS... :)

No comments: